Monday, February 22, 2010

Where Does The Pigeon Fit In Here?

"Hey government. I made a coil that can generate a dangerously lethal amount of electricity. Enough to melt a human being."
"Yeah, I don't think we're going to need that."

That's how I imagined the conversation went between Nikola Tesla and the Government when he presented the Tesla Coil.
(was an awesome trick at house parties)
Being a nerd I need to respect a man who was literally the world's first mad scientist. He created a death ray, the radio transmitter, wireless light bulbs, and brain controlling micro antennas. (That last one may not be true.) So I decided to do a little animation of the man set in the cartoon style around the same time he started being afraid of round objects.


The Lil Tesla idea hit me about a month ago and I kind of want to edit the character a bit still. Maybe add a tiny mustache and a vest instead of suspenders. And I was thinking of making him stop and point and have a lightning bolt come out of his finger. But the walk cycle came out alright. This is my second time coloring an animation in photoshop so my skills are still a little rusty.
You're God damn right Mark Twain.

Currently Listening To: The Prize Fighter -- The Velvet Teen

1 comment:

  1. If there was a religion dedicated to Nikola Tesla, I would join it.

    ReplyDelete