Friday, April 9, 2010

A Gorilla And His Barrels

This is the first post in a while dedicated directly to animation that isn't my own. Stumbling through Geekologie last night I came across this animated short called 'Pixels'. There really isn't much I can say for this movie that would accurately compliment it so all I'm gonna go with is...nobody likes you King Hippo! Enjoy.
This 8-bit eye fondling made me think of a web series that was on Super Deluxe (R.I.P.) a couple years back. 'Scream Engine IV' was a mini-web series, animated all in 8-bit pixels for the most part. It was created by Harris Callahan (Squidbillies, ATHF) and Matt Laster, and it still is one of my favorite things to watch when ever I need a good laugh. Go ahead, watch all 13 episodes. They're only about 3 1/2 minutes each, so at most you lose an hour of your day. It's well worth it.

Currently Listening To: Swim -- Surfer Blood

No comments:

Post a Comment