Friday, February 12, 2010

From The Moors To Center City

I just recently returned from yet another amazing show. This time my good friends Joe Glading (featured on this very blog), Mark Carbonaro, and Krystal Manna, went to go see the native sons of Glasgow, Scotland...We Were Promised Jetpacks. Something about a Scottish man's singing voice is magical, it's the vocal equivalent to being wrapped in a snuggie made for a king. Also the opening band Royal Bangs, out of Knoxville were pretty impressive. They were oddly reminiscent of the band The Grand Electric, which anyone who remembers them or had seen them live they were a beautiful thing to behold.

While I'm in this music love fest, Valentines Day is coming up! A holiday pretty much made for chocolate companies to make a boat load of cash and couples to hump like rabbits. So in preparation for Cupid's target practice day here are some nerd friendly valentines presented by Super Punch! and Comics Alliance.

(he's the only Storm Trooper to ever hit someone with a lazer blast)
Now if you excuse me I need to go make a valentines mailbox out of a shoebox and red construction paper to put on the corner of my desk. Don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about.

Currently Listening To: Oh, Susquehanna! -- Defiance, Ohio


No comments:

Post a Comment