Friday, October 30, 2009

Space Pirates

I'm currently in limbo with two projects. I'm trying to wrap up some character animation, and also get started on the monsterpiece that is my final. I was sitting on my couch last night sketching possible characters for my final project and this evolution of Tommy Komet prevailed amongst the rest. This style is nothing at all like my original idea for Tommy, which involved a space suit and coke bottle glasses, and was drawn alot more like a child. I wanted to go with more of a Tartakovksy-feel to him, and was thinking of eliminating outlines completely. And I know goggles are overdone, but I'm finally getting over my steam punk fever that was caused by Matt Fraction's graphic novel, The Five Fists of Science. If you haven't read it, do yourself a favor and go pick up the newly re-issued copy right now. I guess I made him so happy because I was trying to cheer myself up after the Phillies loss. It was amazing though, it was the first time I ever heard and entire city let out a disappointed sigh at the exact same time.

Currently Listening To: Dumb Hummer -- Why?

No comments:

Post a Comment